May 12, 2021. Open until filled.
Marketing Assistant, PT
Bellingham PR & Communications is hiring a part-time marketing assistant who lives in or near Bellingham, Washington. As a successful candidate, you will have marketing experience and admin skills. You will be a clear communicator — verbally and in writing. You also must be organized and love setting up and working with procedures, task lists and workflow management tools.
Schedule: 15–20 hours per week (minimum of four weekday shifts). Your work schedule will be negotiated prior to hire.
Location: Most work will be done remotely from your home office in Whatcom County. We are not accepting any applications from candidates outside of Whatcom County. New hires will sign a remote worker agreement.
Experience: You should have at least one year of marketing experience. You also need working knowledge of the digital media tools mentioned below — used for business marketing (not only for personal use).
Compensation: The hourly wage will be based on your experience and skills. Sick accrual and an annual technology stipend.
Culture and desired traits: Local business leaders rely on us. The work we do individually and as a team impacts their businesses and reputations in this community, and we take that seriously. People who work at BPRC are friendly and reliable. They have a strong work ethic, a collaborative spirit and a desire to continuously improve their knowledge base by learning new tools and best practices. We have a heart and a desire to serve others, including fellow team members and BPRC clients. We are honest and humble. Applicants for this role should be in alignment with this culture.
Note: These responsibilities may flex based on the skills and talents of applicants.
- Use BPRC’s Trello project management system, completing a variety of assigned tasks accurately and on time. This requires focus, a strong attention to detail, being able to follow written instructions and being able to switch gears/hats smoothly when working on multiple client accounts in one day: close one box, open another.
- Keep instructions and procedures on assigned Trello cards up to date; add task/project progress notes to cards for recordkeeping and team collaboration purposes.
- Schedule content on digital accounts (WordPress, social media).
- Help post and renew online recruitment ads.
- Draft original blog posts as assigned.
- Create social media visuals as assigned.
- Compile email marketing campaigns.
- Monitor clients’ online reviews and report findings to BPRC’s PR team.
- Complete various projects as assigned by BPRC’s marketing director and/or content strategist.
- Participate in twice-monthly video meetings with the team.
- Propose ideas for improving services, efficiencies and customer satisfaction.
- Effectively manage multiple priorities; meet deadlines.
- Maintain an accurate timesheet that documents billable time.
Tools of the trade
Applicants should have working knowledge of these tools:
- Microsoft Office products
- Facebook Business Suite
- Cloud-based file sharing services, such as Dropbox and Google Drive
- WordPress publishing
- Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn for business marketing
Preferred, but not required:
- Google Analytics
Confidentiality and non-compete
The work we all do is confidential. We have access to account information, business development plans and trade secrets that must not be shared with anyone at any time. You must be able to work behind the scenes without any public recognition, and you will need to sign confidentiality and non-compete agreements at hire.
This part-time marketing assistant opportunity in Bellingham can be meaningful, rewarding and fun for the right person. While we do require a baseline of skills, we are willing to work with you to grow in this position over time. There are opportunities for all members of our team to learn from each other so we can continue to deliver a high level of service to our clients.
If you feel your skills are a match for BPRC, here’s how to apply:
- Email your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.
- Use the cover letter to explain your experience with the responsibilities and tools of the trade listed above, and please share your hourly wage expectations.
- Include examples of your work, such as published blog articles or social media content, if available. Additional information/samples of your work may be requested before or after interviews.
Thank you so much for your time and consideration. We look forward to hearing from you!